My Best Friend Quote: Don't
walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend. – Albert Camus
Having a lifelong “Best Friend” is one of the most important things we can have in our lives. With that mind, we put together an extensive list of heartfelt best friend sayings. Share these with your BBF as a reminder that they are loved and appreciated.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Best Friend Quotes
- Funny Best Friend Quotes
- Birthday Quotes for Best Friend
- Short Best Friend Quotes
- Losing a Best Friend Quotes
- True Friendship Quotes
- Best Friend Drinking Quotes
- Dog Best Friend Quotes
- Best Friend Prison Quotes
- Best Friend Religious Quotes
- Best Friend During Hard Times Quotes
- Best Friends Forever (BFF) Quotes
- Related Questions
- Best Friend Questions
- When is NATIONAL BEST FRIENDS DAY – 2019
- Best friends are God's way of taking care of us.
- A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. – Walter Winchell
- Memories made together last a lifetime.
- Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious. – Thomas Aquinas
- Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose. – Tennessee Williams
- I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better. – Plutarch
- Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget. ― G. Randolf
- Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over. – Gloria Naylor
- A sweet friendship refreshes the soul. - Proverbs 27:9
- Love is friendship set on fire.
- Friendship is a pretty fulltime occupation if you really are friendly with somebody. You can’t have too many friends because then you’re just not really friends. – Truman Capote
- There is magic in long-distance friendships. They let you relate to other human beings in a way that goes beyond being physically together and is often more profound. – Diana Cortes
- It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.– Marlene Dietrich
- A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails. – Donna Roberts
- The worst distance between two friends is misunderstanding.
- The best mirror is an old friend.
George Herbert (1593-1632)
- There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. – Linda Grayson
- A best friend is someone who feels that you're a good egg, but possibly slightly cracked one.
- You don’t have to be crazy to be my best friend… I’ll train you.
- What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others. – Confucius
- Friends don't let friends go to the beach alone.
- You and I are more than best friends. We’re like a really small gang.
- I will text you 50 times in a row and feel no shame. You’re my friend. You literally signed up for this. Funny
- A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad. – Arnold H. Glasgow
- The tans will fade, but best friend memories will last forever.
- I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light. - Helen Keller
- In the cookie of life, best friends are the chocolate chips.
- In my friend, I find a second self.
- Love you to the beach and back.
- There is nothing better than a
friend unless it is a friend with chocolate. - Linda Grayson
- Happy Birthday to the best friend I ever had.
- The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been. - Madeleine L'Engle
- You don't get older, you just get better. - Shirley Bassey
- I am grateful for your true friendship. Hope your birthday is amazing as you are my best friend.
- Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity, Happy Birthday to you. - Khalil Gibran
- Friends show their love in times of trouble...' I don't know what I would do without you. Happy B'day dear. - Euripides
- A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway', Happy b'day to the best friend I ever had. - Jerome Cummings
- My father always used to say that when
you die, if you've got five real friends, then you've had a great life.-
Happy Birthday to you. - Lee Iacocca
- Be grateful for a best friend, hot sun, and clear water.
- No road is long with good company. – Turkish Proverb
- A best friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have. – Unknown
- You’ve got a friend in me. – Toy Story
- A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world. – Leo Buscaglia
- Unexpected friendships are the best ones.
- Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light. - Helen Keller
- The only way to have a friend is to be one. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Friends are the siblings God never gave us. - Mencius
- The ones that love us never leave us.
- One enemy is too many and a hundred friends too few.
- Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation. – Oscar Wilde
- Strangers are just friends waiting to happen.
- Women's friendships are like a renewable source of power. - Jane Fonda
- The road to a friend's house is never long. - Danish Proverb
- Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
- Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. - Richard Bach
- While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil. - John Taylo
- Forever apart, I will forever be grateful that we were very close friends and spent every day together.
- Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart. - Eleanor Roosevelt
- The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to him alone, and is, therefore, absolutely and irretrievably lost. - Arthur Schopenhauer
- Memories made together last a lifetime.
- When our friends are alive, we see the good qualities they lack; dead, we remember only those they possessed. - Jean Antoine Petit-Senn
- No better relation than a prudent and faithful friend. Ben Franklin (1706-1790)
- The bond between friends cannot be broken
by chance; no interval of time or space can destroy it. Not even death
itself can part true friends. - St. John Cassian
- If you have one true friend you have more than your share. – Thomas Fuller
- If you should die before me, ask if you can bring a friend. - Stone Temple Pilots
- True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable. – David Tyson
- There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship. – Thomas Aquinas
- If you want to find out who's a good friend make a big mistake and find out who sticks around.
- Immature love says, ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you.
- It's not that diamonds are a girl's best friend, but it's your best friends who are your diamonds. - Gina Barreca
- Make a friend when you don't need one. - Jamaican
- My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.
- One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- Some people talk to you in their free time you make free time to talk to me thank you.
- Someone asked me, ‘What is your definition of a best friend?’ I replied, ‘Someone who will never avoid me just because of someone else.
- Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it's all over. - Octvaia Butler
- Stop worrying about people who don't care about you - I CARE.
- The only people I need in my life are the people who need me in theirs, Even when I have nothing to offer but myself.
- There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family.
- There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship. - Thomas Aquinas
- The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for. - Homer
- Somebody asked me to explain the relationship between you and me, they expected the answer as friends. But I simply smiled and said God's gift.
- A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.
- A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself. - Jim Morrison
- A sweet friendship refreshes the soul. - Proverbs 27:9
- True friends are like stars. You don’t always see them but you know they’re always there.
- True friends say bad things to your face and good things behind your back.
- True friendship is like sound health; the
value of it is seldom known until it is lost. - Charles Caleb Colton
- Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age, sometimes age just shows up by itself. - Tom Wilson
- When I read about the evils of drinking I gave up reading. - Henny Youngman
- Alcohol is the anesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. - George Bernard Shaw
- Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: Now bring on that damn cat!" - Eleanor Early
- Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts. - Finley Peter Dunne
- Reality is an illusion that occurs due to my best friend's lack of alcohol.
- When we drink we get drunk. When we get drunk we fall asleep. When we fall asleep we commit no sin. When we commit no sin we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven! - Brian O'Rourke
- Life was meant for best friends and great adventures.
- To the fall of the Roman Empire, may ours be just as memorable.
- May the best of our past be the worst of our future.
- 24 hours in a day. 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not. - H.L. Mencken
- May we get what we want, but never what we deserve.
- To us, for this is the youngest we'll ever be and the oldest we've been.
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
- The problem with some people is that when
they aren't drunk they're sober." - William Butler Yeats
- Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen. – Orhan Pamuk
- A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. – Josh Billings
- Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really. – Agnes Sligh Turnbull
- Animals are such agreeable friends. They ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ― George Elliot
- A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life.” ― Bob Barker
- Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. — Roger Caras
- Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses. – Elizabeth Taylor
- The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs. – Charles De Gaulle
- Dogs never bite me. Just Humans
Being a Best Friend to someone
incarcerated is difficult and challenging. At the same time, being a BBF of an
inmate can be the most important role a person can have. Living in prison can
bring anyone done, and our job is to inspire and motivate our friends.
We hope our inspiration quotes will help you communicate a feeling of positive change and confidence to your imprisoned Best Friend.
- Change your thoughts and you change your world. – Norman Vincent Peale
- Outcome is not in your control. What’s in your control is your effort and your intentions. – Amit Sood
- Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- A friend is someone who would bail you out of jail. A best friend would be sitting next to you saying “boy was that fun”.
- Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. – Gandhi
- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. – Aristotle Onassis
- When two hearts meet after being apart for a time, the world fades away as they meet and share the purest of loves. They are invincible at that moment and that is the magic of their love.
- Once you choose hope, anything is possible. – Christopher Reeve
- It's not that I love waiting, it's that I love the person I’m waiting for.
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
- Hardships often prepare best friends for an extraordinary destiny.
- Hold a true friend with both your hands. - Nigerian Proverb
- Here's to staying positive and testing negative.
- The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- I acted like it wasn't a big deal, and it actually was breaking my heart.
- Friends are like walls. Sometimes you lean on them, and sometimes it’s good just knowing they are there.– Unknown
- Sacrifice is one of the purest and selfless ways to love your best friend.
- A best friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you today just the way you are.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. - Elbert Hubbard
- Happiness is being a friend for a long time and never feel as if anything has changed.
- He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harms. - Proverbs 13:20
- Hard times will always reveal true friends…
- I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. – Stephen Covey
- We know what we are, but know not what we may be. – William Shakespeare
- He who loves the purity of heart, and whose speech is gracious, will have the king as his friend. - Proverbs 22:11
- He who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty. - Job 6:14
- It is said that no one truly knows a nation until one has been inside its jails. A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but its lowest ones. ― Nelson Mandela
- Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy. - Proverbs 27:6
- Oil and perfume make the heart glad, and the sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel. - Proverbs 27:9
- Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. - John 15:13
- No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. - John 15:15
- That is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine. - Romans 1:12
- Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. - John 15:12-14
- Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses' face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. When Moses turned again into the camp, his assistant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, would not depart from the tent. - Exodus 33:11
- Two are better than one because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
- Who is mighty? He who makes an enemy into a friend. Hebrew (on friends and foes)
- Whoever covers an offense seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates close friends. - Proverbs 17:9
- Whoever goes about slandering reveals secrets, but he who is trustworthy in spirit keeps a thing covered. - Proverbs 11:13
- Your lost friends are not dead, but gone
before; advanced a stage or two upon that road which you must travel in the
steps they trod. - Aristophanes
- Never forget who was there when you needed them.
- In the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln
- Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. - Proverbs 27:17
- It hurts when you realize you aren’t as important to someone as you thought you were.
- Just because I'm talking does not mean I'm not your friend, sometimes I'm just quiet.
- The best view comes after the hardest climb.
- It's not about having the time it's about making time for your friends.
- Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends. - Aesop (c.620-560 BC)
- It's not that I love waiting, it's that I love the person I’m waiting for.
- It doesn't matter where you're going, it's who you have beside you.
- Keep your friendships in repair.
- Friendship is one mind in two bodies. - Mencius (c.371-289)
- Don't just count your years but make your year's count.
- Friendship increases by visiting friends but visiting seldom - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)
- Friendship is all about trusting each other, Helping each other and being crazy together.
- Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity. - Khalil Gibran
- Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life, said ‘I’m here for you,’ and proved it.
- Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they're always there.
- Growing apart doesn't mean that at one time we were best friends. Forever your friend.
- Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. - Chili Davis
- Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget.
- It takes a long time to grow young. - Pable Picasso
- It takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, and a day to love them, but it takes an entire lifetime to forget them.
- One of the best feelings in the world is seeing an old friend and feeling as if nothing has changed.
- The old believe everything. The middle-aged suspect everything. The young know everything. - Oscar Wilde
- The best mirror is an old friend. - George Herbert (1593-1632)
- Inside every older person is a younger
person wondering what happened. - Jean Paul Richter
Getting to know your best friend starts with asking a simple question and then just listen! The following are How well do you know your best friend questions:
What’s Your All-time Favorite Fantasy?
What Irritates You The Most?
What Is Your Favorite Poem?
What’s Your Biggest Phobia?
Describe The Perfect Life?
When Was The Last Time You Cried And Why?
When Have You Felt The Proudest?
Do You Enjoy Challenges?
What Is Your Biggest Regret In Life?
What Makes You Laugh?
What Celebrity Would You Want As A BFF And Why?
Have I Ever Been In One Of Your Dreams?
Who Do You Like Better - Your Mom Or Your Dad and Why?
What Do You Do When You Are Alone?
What Was Your Childhood Like?
Describe The Perfect Vacation?
What Do You Want To Know About Me?
What Don’t I Know About You?
What Is Your Favorite Food?
When Was The Last Time You Cried?
Best Book Ever And Why?
Have You Ever Been Happy That You Lied?
Tell Me About Your Last Best Friend?
Who Was Your First Kiss? Did You Like It?
If You Had Two Wishes, What Would You Wish For?
Do You Want To Have Kids One Day? How Many?
What's The Best Present You Ever Received? Who Gave It To You And Why Was It So Special?
Are You An Animal Lover? Why?
Do You Believe In God?
What can I doe to be a better friend?
Traditionally National Best Friends Day is celebrated annually on June 8th. The history of National Best Friends Day is unclear. However; several sources indicate that the US Congress named the first Sunday of August as Friendship Day and the 8 June of every year as National Best Friends Day.